The Menu Bar consists of most of the basic functions that can be
found in other software programs. In this section we will
look at what can be found within each heading, beginning with
1. About-Shows information about ThoughtOffice and all of the people who contributed to it.
2. Preferences-Allows you to set preferences regarding font and color for Major Topics and Sessions.
3. Services-This feature is not part of ThoughtOffice and will only appear underneath this heading for Mac users.
4. Hide ThoughtOffice-Hides ThoughtOffice screen.
5. Hide Others-Hides all other open screens.
6. Show All-Shows all hidden screens.
7. Quit ThoughtOffice-Closes ThoughtOffice program.
1. New-Create a new Session Document.
2. Open-Opens an existing Session Document that has been previously saved.
3. Close-Closes currently loaded Session Document.
4. Save-Saves currently loaded Session Document.
5. Save As...Allows you to define how you will save your currently loaded Session Document.
that allows you to export your Session Document as an HTML or text
document. Session Documents converted to HTML will end in the extension
.htm. Session Documents coverted to a text document will end
in the extension .txt. Your original Session Document will
remain intact in the location where you have saved it.
7. Session Properties...Allows
you to define specific properties for each Session Document such as
Name, copyright, branding, and more. See Session Properties
in the Table of Contents for more detailed information.
8. Import Module...Allows
you to import new modules into ThoughtOffice. For more information,
please see Importing Modules in the Table of Contents.
you to print your Session Documents and/or save them as a
PDF. For more detailed information about this feature, please
see Printing Sessions in the Table of Contents.
1. Cut-Cuts selected text from Session Document and saves to Clipboard.
2. Copy-Copies selected text from Session Document into Clipboard.
3. Paste-Pastes copied or cut text from Clipboard into Session Document.
4. Clear-Clears selects text.
5. Select All-Selects all text.
Changes text within Sessions to the specified Font.
Allows you to specify font size of selected text within your Sessions.
This feature allows you to alter the style of font used in your Sessions.
4. Bold, Italic
1. Help-Selecting help in the menu bar will link you to the ThoughtOffice website.
2. Registration Info-This
shows your ThoughtOffice license registration
information. Registered users have full access to all modes
3. Check for Updates-This
allows you to check for new updates to ThoughtOffice. A new window will
appear asking for confirmation. Select OK if you wish to
continue, or hit cancel.
4. Reset All Plugins-Selecting
this feature will allow you to delete all plugins and quit the
ThoughtOffice program. The next time you launch
ThoughtOffice, it will automatically retrieve the latest versions of the
plugins. This feature will only need to be used if you are
experiencing difficulties using a plugin.