Main Interface Overview
eXpertTopic Modules by ThoughtOffice are an
excellent way to jump start any brainstorming Session. In
this section, we'll cover everything you wanted to know about the Topics
Browser so you can dive into those Modules and begin adding questions
to your Sessions right away!
Here is an overview of what you will find in this section:
1. Topics Browser Overview
2. Learn how to load an eXpertTopic Module into the Topics Browser.
3. Learn how to expand and collapse eXpertTopic Module outlines.
4. Learn how to add questions to your Session Document.
5. Learn how to import new eXpertTopic Modules into ThoughtOffice.
1. Topic Module Menu-Accesses Topic Modules purchased with ThoughtOffice or imported separately.
2. Topic Outline Window-Selected Topic Module appears for viewing in this window.
3. Expand and Collapse Buttons-Completely expand or collapse Topic Module outline.
4. Topic Image Window-Shows image that is attached to comment or question in Topic Module.
5. View Image Button-Allows image from Topic Image window to be viewed at full scale.
6. Topic Text Window-Text selected in upper Topic Outline window will appear here.
7. Add to Session Button-Adds currently selected image and text into your Session located on the main ThoughtOffice interface.
Topic Module Menu
1. To access Topic Modules installed in ThoughtOffice,
simply click on the arrows in the menu. A new window will
appear that lists all Topic Modules that are currently loaded in your
2. Select your module of choice and it will be loaded into the Topic Outline viewer window.
3. New Topic Modules can be added to your system by using the Import Module command from the File Menu.
Collapse and Expand Topic Outline
Each module is comprised of a 4-stage outline
divided into topical categories surrounding the core
subject. When a module is selected from the menu, it will be
loaded into the Topics Browser and will appear inside the Topic Outline
window for viewing, showing only the Main Headings within the
outline. (see image on the left)
There are two ways that the Topic Module outline can be expanded and collapsed in the Topics Browser.
1. Select the Expand and Collapse
buttons located to the right of the Topic Module Menu as shown in the
corresponding image. Selecting the Expand button will completely expose
all 4 levels of the module's outline. To completely close the
outline and return to the Main Headings only, select the Collapse
2. Or you may expand and collapse
small portions of the outline simply by clicking on each black triangle
next to a comment or question.
Add Questions to Session
Now that you understand how to select and load your Topic Module,
it's time to add questions to your brainstorming
Session! These open-ended questions will be used as the
foundation for your Session by helping you drill down and clarify your
ideas, problem, or situation.
1. Scan through the questions within any category that interests you.
you come across a question that you would like to add to your Session,
select it with your mouse in the Topic Outline window. It
will appear in the Topic Text window below, along with any attached
3. Click the Add to Session button and both
the text and image will appear in a new text block within your Session,
which is located on the main interface of ThoughtOffice.
as many questions as you think you need in a category. When
you begin working directly with your Session, you can always delete
questions that may no longer apply.
Importing New Modules
When the time comes that you want to add another ThoughtOffice
Topic Module to your collection, you'll want to know how to magically
beam it into your program. Here's how...
to the File Menu and select Import Module...This will bring up a new
window that allows you to locate the new module on your hard drive.
2. Select your Module file (the extension end in .mdl) and click Ok.
3. Open up the Topic Module Menu in your Topics Browser and you should see the new module in your list.